Thursday, February 23, 2006

Gone Fishing

Obviously I've been away from blogging for a while. The new job at work has been hectic and has supplanted my morning ritual of writing. Each morning I have to log into our servers, run a query to extract data, and email out the results. We've moved to a new building. Our area is in a reorg and everyone has to reapply for their jobs (I can keep my contract through the end of the year, though, or take a position as an employee). While everything has been turned on its head, I haven't been in the right mental state for writing. Don't get me wrong; it's an exciting time at work and I'm enjoying it, but it's exhausting.

So I'm taking a break until, hopefully, early March. I should really take a vacation then. I'm thinking Mexico. I've never been. Where is there a nice quiet spot on the ocean?

4 comments:

Brettanicus said...

One interesting thing I've just noticed. Both Scribbler and Word Shadows has seem to taken a break for a while. Is February just a bad time for writers?

Anonymous said...

What a grand thing, to be loved!
What a grander thing still, to love!

- Victor Hugo -

Brettanicus said...

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.

- Moulin Rouge -

Scribbler said...

I'm back again. Please come back quickly.